Myerstown Recreation Area
On February 21, 1968, a Resolution was passed by the unanimous vote of the Uhrich Playground Assocation to sell a 14.28-acre recreation area located between South College Street and South Railroad Street, between Center Street and West Richland Avenue, to the Borough for $25,000. At the time, the park consisted of the Isaac Meier house, a swimming pool and wading pool, bathhouse, macadam play lots, macadam ice skating rink, tennis courts, a stretch of the Tulpehocken Creek running through it, and the fish dam pond. Today, much remains the same with the ice skating rink having been converted to basketball courts, and playgrounds and pavilions added for residents and visitors to enjoy.
For more information about the Myerstown Recreation Area, and how to apply for exclusive rental of its facilities, click here.
Recreation Area Pavilions
The Myerstown Recreation Area has three pavilions which can be used during park hours or rented for exclusive use.
For more information about the pavilions in the Recreation Area, and how to apply for exclusive rental, click here.
The Borough owns an approximately 6.7-acre parcel on which there are two baseball diamonds, dugouts, a storage shed, restroom facilities, backstops, bleachers, and a refreshment stand. This field is maintained by the Borough and used by local baseball leagues throughout the spring, summer, and fall. The field was purchased from the American Legion Home Association of Myerstown in 1969 for $40,000.
For more information about the Legion Field, and how to apply for exclusive rental of its facilities, click here.
The Borough owns an approximately 5.9 acre parcel on which it built a Highway Garage and other buildings for its Public Works Department. Behind the Highway Garage is a single softball field with a backstop, bleachers and benches.
For more information about the Softball Field, and how to apply for exclusive rental, click here.
Fish Dam & Tulpehocken Creek
For more information about the Fish Dam Pond and Tulpehocken Creek, click here.
William L. Derr Community Pool
On March 12, 1957, Borough Council approved a swimming pool project proposed by the Lions Club of Myerstown, who would donate funds for construction. On July 4, 1958, the swimming pool opened for the first time, and has been a favorite spot to congregate on hot summer afternoons ever since. In 2017 the pool underwent a $1.3 million renovation funded in-part by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
For more information about the William L. Derr Community Pool, and how to apply for exclusive rental of its facilities, click here.