MYERSTOWN BOROUGH MAYOR DECLARES SNOW AND ICE EMERGENCY BEGINNING AT 12PM ON 1/31
Myerstown, PA – Mayor Gloria R. Ebling has declared a Snow and Ice Emergency for the Borough of Myerstown in response to Winter Storm Orlena which is expected to produce heavy snow and strong wings. The Snow and Ice Emergency starts at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 31, 2021, and will continue in full force and effect until 10:00am on Tuesday, February 2, 2021, or until the Mayor declares it to be over.
During this emergency, it is unlawful, at any time during the continuance of the emergency, for any person to park a motor vehicle, or to allow the vehicle to remain parked, on any Snow and Ice Emergency Route. The Snow and Ice Emergency Routes in the Borough are as follows:
Snow and Ice Emergency Routes:
- CHERRY STREET between East Washington Avenue and East Richland Avenue
- COLLEGE STREET between the north Borough line and south Borough line
- MAIN AVENUE between the east Borough line and west Borough line
- RAILROAD STREET between the north Borough line and south Borough line
Off-street parking regulations in Borough-owned municipal parking lots during the period of the Snow and Ice Emergency are as follows:
- NO PARKING in the parking lot on the east side of College Street, just north of Main Avenue, located at 57 West Main Avenue.
- NO PARKING UNTIL AFTER SNOW HAS BEEN CLEARED in the parking lot on the west side of South Locust Street from Main Avenue to Madison Alley.
- PARKING IS ALLOWED AT ALL TIMES in the parking lot located at 6 to 8 East Main Avenue and in the Swimming Pool Parking Lot located at the southwest corner of West Center Avenue and South Railroad Street.
If, at any time during the period of the Snow and Ice Emergency, a person parks a motor vehicle anywhere upon a Snow and Ice Emergency Route, or in a Borough-owned municipal parking lot in violation of Borough ordinances, that person will be ticketed and sentenced to pay a fine of $50 plus costs. Any vehicle parked, stalled, incapable of moving under its own power, or left unattended upon any Snow and Ice Emergency Route may be removed or towed away to any other location by the Borough.
The purpose of the Snow Emergency is to facilitate the movement of traffic and to combat the hazards or imminent hazards of excessive snow and ice on the Snow and Ice Emergency Routes. Thank you for your cooperation.